Ideal for small or large, highly detailed show models and clear "lens like" parts.
The SLA (Stereolithography) process is most commonly used by BuildParts for; Design verification, show/display models, sculptures, urethane casting patterns, see thru bottles and parts for "lens like" clear applications.
SLA is also used by many of our customers looking for large parts and housings with smooth production surfaces, while capturing incredible detail. They can easily be painted and used as show models. Due to the tremendous amount of achievable detail, speed and ability to finish quickly, SLA models are also commonly used in the Special Effects Industry.
Typically built with a 0.004" layer slice, large parts can be produced quickly and are included with a Standard finish level (Exterior, sanded smooth to remove visible layer lines). Large parts can be cost effective when ordering more than one unit at a time.
If you are a model shop looking for "Support Removed Only" SRO parts, please notify use for reduced pricing.
Perfect for; fit, form, show models, as well as, master patterns when creating rubber molds.
With many materials available, it's generally a good idea to discuss your SLA needs with a knowledgeable BuildParts representative at; 847-639-1000
Learn more about TrueQuote
Create or login to your True-Quote account for online pricing.
- With a high resolution slice and easier to pattern finish materials; SLA’s make perfect mold masters & painted show models.
- The fastest way to achieve quality clear "lens like" parts, which may also be polished or tinted to mimic IR or LED windows.
- Large parts can be inexpensive when ordered in multiples.
- Watershed is great for containers or products directly exposed to water for long periods of time.
- Good; fit, form & function models which need to mimic HDPE, Polypropylene & other thermoplastics. Large parts and multiples, can be produced at a reasonable rate.
- Typical Lead-times 2 to 3 days.