Real, durable, thermoplastics and single piece parts up to 36" x 24" x 36".
FDM, is an extrusion based 3D modeling process that utilizes actual thermoplastics, such as; ABS, Polycarbonate, ABS/PC blend, ASA, Ultem 9085, Ultem 1010 (available early 2015), PPSF and Nylon 12.
CIDEAS owns and operates 15 Large FDM manufacturing centers (at one time, FDM was CIDEAS' initial and primary in-house 3D prototyping and 3D printing process).
Perfect for fit, function and conceptual models that require durability, great thermal properties and RF friendly characteristics. Aside from 3D Prints, FDM is an excellent process for AM (Additive Manufacturing), in which one or multiple parts, are required in an actual production grade thermoplastic.
CIDEAS FDM parts can be produced in one of three resolutions. Standard; 0.010" layer slice (default), High Res; 0.007" layer slice (part size may limit resolution choice), or High Speed; 0.013" layer slice (typically used for extremely large volume parts).
CIDEAS takes into consideration the overall strength, features and aesthetics when manually quoting your FDM parts. You may on occasion, see multiple line items for the same part indicating a different resolution or orientation. We do this in order to provide our customers the best part for their needs, all while considering their budget.
Create or login to your CIDEAS True-Quote account for online pricing.
- Ideal for Fit, Form, Function and Additive Manufacturing (AM) applications. FDM can also be used as trade-show and marketing models.
- Excellent thermal properties ranging from 195f to 372f.
- RF friendly for cellphone, electronic test fixtures, antenna and radome testing.
- Durable and Weather resistant, for both, indoor and outdoor use.
- The ABS plastic bonds extremely well to itself for sectioned parts.
- Best Flat parts (do not warp or creep).
- Highly accurate large parts.
- Available in multiple colors.
- Excellent repeatability (ABS) for DDM (Direct Digital Manufacturing) applications.
- Typical Lead-times 1 to 3 days with same day service available in certain areas.