Perfect for producing large quantities, of small parts, in real thermoplastics.
SLS (Selective Laser Sintering) or LS (Laser Sintering) is ideal for creating parts in actual Duraform Nylon 12 and Glass Filled Nylon.
CIDEAS utilizes sPro 60 digital high-def, high-speed sintering machines, which produce fine features, smoother surfaces and thinner walls than most other service bureaus. SLS plastic parts in most cases are used in AM (Additive Manufacturing), partly due to the speed in which the process can create multiple pieces at one time, as well as, the strength and thermal resistance the parts offer.
Once completed, the excess powder (used to support the part during the build) is simply shaken or blown off the final piece. This method of building parts allows for complex wireframe and assemblies to be built with precision and speed. The part may be used as is, or further processed with a sealant for water or air tight applications. It is not uncommon (like with the FDM process) to find parts produced in these high heat deflection materials, in the engine bay of a vehicle for testing.
Great for; DDM, fit and function models that do not require an ultra smooth surface. Parts can be dyed or painted and are superb for snap fits, tabs or living hinges in Duraform PA, without the need to infiltrate to final part.
Create or login to your CIDEAS True-Quote account for online pricing.
- Chemical resistence & excellent heat deflection for parts that also require durability.
- Because many parts can be stacked vertically during a build, SLS and LS are both optimal methods for producing large batches of parts in one production run.
- Parts can be extremely inexpensive when ordered in large quantities.
- SLS; PA and EX offer fantastic living hinges and create a nice durable, yet somewhat flexible, rigid part.
- Glass Filled (GF) Nylon is the most common material choice , but non filled is available.
- Great for; DDM, fit and function models that do not require an ultra smooth surface.
- Typical Lead-times are 3 to 6 days.